We are looking for a new Treasurer to takeover managing the groups accounts and finances.
The role involves:
- Making all payments for the Group.
- Managing all the income and expenditure of the Group through its online banking systems and general banking.
- Completing formal accounts and end of year accounts including submission for review.
- Setting and monitoring the annual budget in conjunction with the Chair, Group Scout Leader & Secretary.
- Attending committee meetings and financial meetings (5-6 per year)
- Familiarity with excel spreadsheets for the accounting and Gmail and G Suite for email and file shortage and sharing.
The role takes approximately an hour a week once up and running and the administration can be tailored to the right volunteers preference. The outgoing treasurer is committed to a smooth handover process.
Take a look at the Scout Association job description for details of the role.
For more information, an informal conversation about the role or to apply please contact Bally Geedes (Group Chair).