Please read the information below carefully to ensure we can process your request as quickly as possible.
Over a number of years the Group has seen a huge growth and continues to be very popular across all sections.
As such, we operate a clear membership policy to manage the waiting list, joining and section move process in the most efficient way possible.
– Prospective members may be placed on our waiting list once they have had their 4th birthday.
– We operate one waiting list for the entire Group so once a member they will automatically be placed on the waiting list for the next section unless you ask us not to.
– Places are allocated in accordance with our clear Membership Policy.
If a prospective member is over 13, they should contact Wild Wolf ESU directly to discuss joining the next phase of Scouting, Explorers.
1. Complete the expression of interest form ensuring that all required fields are completed, taking careful note that a correct email address is provide- future communication including an offer of space will be sent by email.
2. Our membership secretary will respond to clarify any details and confirm your addition to the list (please note we are not able to give an indication of waiting time or position on the list due to the nature of our single waiting across the group and the number of factors involved in membership movements).
3. Look out for an email from our membership secretary offering a place. New members are usually invited 3 times a year following traditional school term start dates (January, April and September). From the day of this being sent you will have 7 days to respond otherwise the place will be passed to the next eligible candidate.
4. If you accept a place you will be added to our online membership system “Online Scout Manager” and asked to provide further personal details such as full contact details, health and medical information. Shortly before the start of term your Section Leader will be in touch to send you more information about your new section, first meeting and upcoming programme.
5. If you decline a place your name will be moved to the bottom of the list.
6. A maximum of 2 places may be declined otherwise your name will be removed from the list. Any communication not responded to within 7 days will be considered as a “declined place” and managed as outlined in the process above.